7/27/2009

My Latest Psychic Adventure

Since the psychic came last week, I haven't been able to post, as I have been on a road trip to Squamish to pick O up from art camp. Her and Rose had a great time, and DD and I had fun picking them up and hanging with my sis. Between watching a bunch of really talented kids at the camp and then another performance that my niece was in later that night, I was amazed at how many truly talented kids there are. They reminded me what it felt like to be so happy and free, the way kids know how to be.

But I digress. The psychic was pretty amazing. It occurred to me halfway through our reading that she wasn't giving me symbols like many other psychics do, but spoke in sentences, much the way Arron might have. She picked up on some pretty amazing stuff. Some highlights:

- He described himself as doing "shitty things" sometimes. And that he had a short temper when he was sick. This was interesting to me, as another psychic early on described him as being a "real bastard" sometimes. He did have this side to him. He did not suffer fools.

- He tells me I need to "kick C's ass." C is very emotional and can use it as an excuse not to do things. I need to challenge him. This rang very true to me and was a good reminder not to let C pull the wool over my eyes which he can be smart enough to do at times, if I am not paying attention.

- O is most like him. "Wicked smart," verbal, a do-er. (he's such a bragger)

- Arron's death was very fast. She didn't figure out how he died, just that it had been a blow to the head. I was a little suspect of this, as I believe he died of smoke inhalation before the building fell. He said he was sorry for being there, for dying. But he said he's OK now, and in one piece (see, even the dead have black humour).

- He works as a "transporter," which seemed to involve helping others transition from life to death. Many (particularly with 9/11) were confused and didn't understand what happened. He knew he had died right away.

- She asked me about a ring. I told her the story of Arron's pinky ring, which he got married with, but that he switched out shortly before his death for a regular ring after being hit on by gay men. He was had a fear of being gay, as his father had been.

We talked for quite a while, and it was nice feeling as though Arron was part of the conversation. I asked him when he was going to find the new love that he keeps telling me I should find, but he indicated that it was up to me. He hinted at someone shorter and younger, that I needed to broaden my perspective. I like younger, but shorter? Not so much.

Not sure where I stand with all of this, but it had me thinking about him, which was nice. And its given me some fodder for my book idea. I have just realized in writing this post that the timing is interesting, as it seems to coincide with the lead up to the anniversary, when odd things often happen.

OK, its about 100 degrees in Seattle today, so Olivia and I are off to see the new Harry Potter.