8/02/2009

Sobs and Doggie Psychics

I got another sobbing phone call this morning from camp (blasted cell phones). Seems he hates snowboarding. Not sure why that would be. I guess he is one of the younger kids at the camp, and perhaps is feeling that the others are more expert than he is, but I'm not sure. There have been moments though, when he does seem to be having fun. I'm holding tough, and not giving in (though I have considered dropping everything and dashing up to get him). I am certain that my dreams of a few summer weeks without kids will not come to fruition until he's 40!

On another note, I met a pet psychic yesterday who insisted that Harley had not yet figured out she had died and remained "with" us. Apparently, Harley was rather skeptical towards the psychic trying to talk to her. When the psychic told her she had died, her response was "well that explains a whole lot". No, seriously. The psychic coaxed her toward the light, so we are now rest assured that she is happily ensconced in doggie-heaven. Stop giggling. It's true! She also "talked" with Gloria Olivia's beleoved guinea pig (now deceased) who is apparently coming back as a white dog who will belong to a boy in Philadelphia, but will then come back again in 10 years or so as a black toy Aussie that Olivia will get when she is in her twenties. She has already checked them out and can't wait.

No, really.